Terms of Service
Last modified: 6 Jan 2018
WP Sifu Managed Hosting
The terms here are in relation to Kaia Pte Ltd’s (“we”, “us”, “our”) services which include:
- proactive updating of your WordPress content management system to ensure it is free of security issue, viruses and malware;
- fortifying your website with premium security plugin to further protect your website from any external technical attacks;
- backup of files for 30 days;
- non-transferable SSL certificate for your domain (for as long as the website is hosted by us); and
- hosting services that you may use for your WordPress installation within the limits as set out in "Limitations".
WP Sifu Support Credits
- Each credit equals to 15-minute work. One credit usually is enough for light content update or changes. Complex work may need more credits.
- You may buy more credits anytime, but the credits expire after 12 months or together with Managed Hosting subscription, whichever occurs first.
- Support Credits can be used for multiple Managed Hosting subscriptions.
- We do not offer FTP or database access. You may freely login to WordPress Dashboard to manage content and upload files to Media Library.
- We do not offer email service. You may continue to subscribe to your existing hosting service provider for the email service. Or we can assist you in setting up new email service with G Suite (to be paid separately).
- You may use the disk space to store content that are meant for your website which your users can access directly.
- You may not use the disk space for file sharing purpose or act as online storage space.
- It is within our rights to prohibit the publication of high-bandwidth consuming content which is not directly related to the purpose or smooth operation of the website to ensure optimal usage of bandwidth space.
- We reserve our right to suspend any of our services to enforce this prohibition.
The agreement constituted by these Terms and Conditions and any proposal arising thereof shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Parties to the agreement must submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore in relation to any dispute arising under these terms and conditions or in relation to any services we perform for you.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, WE (AND THOSE THAT WE WORK WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS WE HAVE ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS AGREEMENT), WE (AND THOSE THAT WE WORK WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWNTIME OR LOSS, USE OR CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
- IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY (AND THOSE THAT WE WORK WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) FIVE TIMES THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) SGD 5,000.
- THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND US AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep its Services at uninterrupted uptime and maintain backups that can be used for restoration processes where possible in accordance with the Terms, however, the following may prevent these outcomes from being achieved:
- any change in or new laws, rules or regulations, or any act of a government, central bank, monetary authority or other entity in any country relating to, without limitation, exchange controls, restrictions on convertibility, freezes, moratoria, expropriations, requisitions, changes in a country’s currency for any reason whatsoever (including countries part of any monetary union), involuntary transfers or distraints of any kind;
- force majeure, natural disaster, industrial action, acts of war, acts of terrorism, civil strife, riots or a state of political or economic chaos in any country; or
- any other circumstances beyond our control.
All notices shall be communicated in writing by you or by ourselves through email except where we determine providing notice is reasonable by publishing an announcement on the Website.
We offer No-Question-Asked Refund.
Managed WordPress Hosting
- If you cancel within first 30 days, you will be refunded 100%.
- If you cancel after 30 days, you will be refunded for remaining subscription period, minus 10% administrative fee.
- You may cancel any time and you will be refunded for un-used credits, minus 10% administrative fee.